Developing Potential Treatments for a Variety of Tumor Types
Oncolytics Biotech Inc. is developing an intravenously delivered immuno-oncolytic virus called pelareorep, for the treatment of solid tumors and hematological malignancies. Pelareorep is a non-pathogenic, proprietary isolate of the unmodified reovirus that: 1) induces selective tumor lysis, and 2) promotes an inflamed tumor phenotype through innate and adaptive immune responses. Our clinical development plan is based on these two components of the mechanism of action, with a focus on obtaining regulatory approval as soon as possible.
Partnering, Collaborating & Combining Towards the Future
Oncolytics will grow through partnerships, collaborations and combinations, including:
- Co-development agreement with Pfizer & Merck KGaA to study their PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitor Bavencio® in combination with pelareorep in HR+ /HER2- metastatic breast cancer.
- Master Supply Agreement with Roche to supply Tecentriq® - their PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitor - for Oncolytics’ clinical development programs. The first program is the AWARE-1 study in breast cancer, a collaboration with the cooperative group SOLTI. The second is in GOBLET, a study of gastrointestinal (GI) cancers, specifically pancreatic, colorectal, and anal, which is being managed by AIO.
- Combination studies with Merck’s PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor Keytruda® in both multiple myeloma and pancreatic cancer.
- Combination study with Bristol-Myers Squibb’s PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor Opdivo® in multiple myeloma.
- Partnership with Adlai Nortye in China to develop pelareorep for metastatic breast cancer, as well as potentially additional indications
- Combination study with Incyte’s PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor retifanlimab (INCMGA00012) in triple-negative breast cancer.
We continue to investigate further collaboration and partnership opportunities, particularly with checkpoint inhibitors and other immuno-oncology drugs, that will help us to advance pelareorep in the adjuvant setting.
Pelareorep is currently being manufactured at commercial scale in its final formulation under a commercial supply agreement with MilliporeSigma.