Our Intellectual Property
Since the inception of Oncolytics, we have worked to build a global patent portfolio, extending protection of our intellectual property by layering claims with a range of filing dates.
Our Product: Pelareorep
Pelareorep is a non-pathogenic, proprietary isolate of the unmodified reovirus and a first-in-class intravenously delivered immuno-oncolytic virus for the treatment of solid tumors and hematological malignancies.
Pelareorep has been tested in multiple clinical trials, which have specifically investigated many prevalent forms of cancer including breast, colorectal and pancreatic, as well as multiple myeloma.
Issued Patent Claims
We have approximately 400 patents issued globally, including approximately 50 in the U.S. and 20 in Canada, as well as over 20 applications pending worldwide.
Reovirus Issued Patent Claims
- Compositions of matter comprising reovirus - through 2028 and extendable to 2033
- Pharmaceutical use of reoviruses to treat neoplasia and cellular proliferative diseases
- Combination therapy with radiation, chemotherapy, and/or immune suppressants
- Methods of manufacturing reovirus and screening for susceptibility to reovirus
- Pharmaceutical use of reoviruses in transplantation procedures